High fructose corn syrup is a highly misunderstood sweetener that is often portrayed negatively in the media. The Corn Refiners Association launched a multi-media educational campaign to change the conversation and inform the public on the reality of this ingredient.
Below you will find press materials on the educational campaign as well as additional documents providing clarity on the background, uses and scientific analysis of high fructose corn syrup.
- American Medical Association Press Release: AMA finds high fructose syrup unlikely to be more harmful to health than other caloric sweeteners
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Use of Nutritive and Nonnutritive Sweeteners, Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, May 2012
- Food and Drug Administration: Letter to Corn Refiners Association on use of the term natural for products containing HFCS
- Click here to view recent press releases
In the News
- Click here to view recent news articles
Director of Public Affairs
Corn Refiners Association
1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006-5806
Phone: (202) 534-3501